Saturday, April 15, 2017

To Be A Virtuous Wife



To Be A Virtuous Wife

Rating: 4/5

Status: Completed

Summary: 
As a virtuous wife, does it include tolerating his cousin, enduring his concubines, bearing his mother?
If you will not let me live freely, why would I let you live in satisfaction?
Did fate let women time-travel so she could learn the three morals and four virtues?
Rather than act like a coward and live, it would be better to live in satisfaction and die.
Review: 
It had seemed to me that what I wanted in a female character was here in this story. Maybe that is why I feel in love with this story as so many other people had. I had projected an invincible and powerful woman who can do what she wants if she had wanted and here it was in a beautiful and cohesive story.
To Be A Virtuous Wife is a story of a young lady that had been pulled back to another time period and has to maneuver her way around it. Such concept could hardly be called original as it appears in so many other light novels. However, its execution was more powerful than any I have seen so far. It has a great cast of character that draws you in; jealous concubines, loving prince, and a simple woman. If you appreciate a good plot then this is a story for you. This is a light heart yet deep and heartwarming story that will grab you into it's world once you read it.
However, my problem is the lack of complex character in the story. The people are not two dimensional and that hardly addressed in the story. The opposing characters are evil or bad without much development. The women opposing the main character does not have any other purpose than for our main characters to step on them and their motivation is lacking- therefore relying on jealousy. The main character is hardly complex- nothing more than a woman who looks pretty, is extremely smart, and has no apparent flaws.
Overall, I enjoyed this story very much and I would recommend it for you to read depending on your taste. Although I wanted to give this a higher score, I really couldn't because of the flaws that are in it. 
I hope you try this story and tell me if you enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read THE PRINCESS WEI YANG? This novel have similar plot. I love it when the main character showed her fang to those spoiled lady and make them speechless 😂

    ReplyDelete